MEASURE N provides the means to regulate marijuana growth in the
county and curtail the widespread growth of cannabis not used for
medicinal purposes. The county sheriff's department reported that, in
2013 alone, 141 unlawful marijuana cultivation sites were discovered.
The sheriff's department supports the board of supervisors in their
attempt to limit the amount of marijuana grown in the county, allowing
only for regulated growth of medical marijuana.
The Board of Supervisors unanimously passed a comprehensive Marijuana Cultivation Ordinance in December for good reason: to protect Lake County residents, visitors, and businesses from the violence and intimidation that often accompany residential marijuana grows and their drug processing operations.
Many businesses, residents, and visitors have suffered because of wide spread back yard grows in residential areas:
1. Resort owners report that guests leave early and cancel reservations for following years because of the visible drug culture here; County and Chamber of Commerce efforts to relocate businesses here fail for the same reason
2. Long-time residents feel they lost the safe use of their homes and yards because of the threatening behaviors of surrounding growers and guards under the influence; many have been threatened and intimidated for complaining, and one family fled when growers began to follow their little girl home from school
3. Tourists are reluctant to visit here because of national and
international coverage of grower behavior in the county; one visitor was
robbed, beaten, and shot at.
• Protects those who need medical marijuana in compliance with the
Compassionate Use Act
• Prohibits outdoor grows in Community Growth Boundaries – most of our residential neighborhoods
• Allows indoor grows throughout the County
• Increases grow site security measures
• Allow limited outdoor grows outside Community Growth Boundaries
• Curtails the insanely lucrative commercial growing – estimated at up to $2,500 per pound by one NORML economist
• Strengthens environmental protections
• Improves enforcement capabilities
• Allows for co-operative grows.
Vote “Yes” on Measure “N” to take back our neighborhoods.
Vote “Yes” on Measure “N” to keep Lake County visitor-friendly.
Vote “Yes” on Measure “N” to help grow our business base and economy.
Remember – your vote is secret. ”
Lake County Deputy Sheriff’s Association -
Lake County Chamber of Commerce
Many Citizens of Lake County
On behalf of the Citizens Committee, thank you for your consideration.
• It bans outdoor cultivation in community growth
• It limits indoor grows to 100 square feet or less.
• It keeps outdoor cultivation 1,000 feet from schools, parks or other facilities serving children and 100 feet from bodies of water.
• It offers quicker response to violations and makes the Lake County Sheriff's Office responsible for enforcement.
LIKE our facebook page
Paid for by the Citizens for a Safer Lake County – Yes on Measure N,
ID # 1364578